Shiraz has a Master degree in Spatial Analysis from Ryerson University, Toronto, Canada. She is skilled in quantitative research methods and GIS. Her current research focus is related to marginalized community groups including women and children. Shiraz is also part of the Lancet Palestinian Health Alliance (LPHA) coordination team.
Publications and representative reports
- Eldeeb, N., Halileh, S., Alyafei, K. A., Ghandour, R., Dargham, S., Giacaman, R., . . . Mian, M. (2016). Child discipline in Qatar and Palestine: A comparative study of ICAST-R. Child Abuse & Neglect, 61, 63-72. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.chiabu.2016.10.006
- Nasr S, Mitwalli S, Ghandour R, Bates K, Imseeh S, Coast E, et al.. The prevalence of reported anemia and its determinants among 15-54 years old Palestinian women. Ramallah, Palestine: The Institute of Community and Public Health, Birzeit University; 2016.
- Ghandour R, Bates. K, Imseeh. S, Mitwalli. S, Nasr. S, Coast. E, et al. Health problems reported by 15-54 years old women two weeks preceding the Family Health Survey 2010. Institute of community and public health, Birzeit University; 2015.
- Mitwalli S, Bates K, Ghandour R, Imseeh S, Nasr S, Coast E, et al.. Self-rated health of 15-54 years old women. Ramallah, Palestine: The Institute of Community and Public Health, Birzeit University; 2016.
- Imseeh., S., Nasr., S., Halileh., S., & Giacaman., R. (2015). Child discipline in the West Bank (WB), occupied Palestinian territory (oPt): A household survey. Unpublished manuscript
- Bates, K., Leone, T., Coast, E., Giacaman, R., Ghandour, R., Imseeh, S., . . . Nasr, S. (2015). Inequalities in self-reported health and self-reported illness among women aged 15-54 in the oPt. Unpublished manuscript
- Ghandour., R., Bates., K., Imseeh., S., Mitwalli., S., Nasr., S., Hammoudeh., D., . . . Giacaman., R. (2015). National Health Surveys: Redressing the balance between international stakeholders and health priorities at the national level in the Arab region – the case of the Palestinian Family Survey, 2010. Unpublished manuscript
- Nasr, S., Imseeh, S., Bradley, L. M., Ramlawi, A., & Giacaman, R. (2014). Psychosocial health and menopausal symptoms among Palestinian women: a pilot study from the West Bank. Poster presented at the Lancet Palestinian Health Alliance Conference, Amman, Jordan.
- Nasr, S., Imseeh, S., Hammoudeh, D., Rmeileh, N. A., & Giacaman, R. (2014). Palestinian menopausal women in the West Bank: A needs assessment: Institute of Community and Public Health, Birzeit, Palestine.
- Rinner, C., Patychuk, D., Bassil, K., Nasr, S., Gower, S., & Campbell, M. (2010). The Role of Maps in Neighborhood-level Heat Vulnerability Assessment for the City of Toronto. Cartography and Geographic Information Science, 37(1), 31-44. doi: 10.1559/152304010790588089
- Nasr, S., Polsky, J., Patychuk, D., & Sopher, L. (2010). Food mapping and access to healthy food-food fecurity. Toronto, Ontario: Intohealth, A Healthy Communities Partnership
- Rinner., C., Patychuk., D., Nasr., S., & Bassil., K. (2009). Development of a Toronto-Specific, Spatially Explicit Heat Vulnerability Assessment: Phase I. Toronto: Toronto Public Health.