Tamara Awwad (Mari) has a Master degree in Public Health from Al-Najah national university. She is currently a research assistant at the Institute of Community and Public Health, Birzeit University. Her current research focuses on sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health, adolescent health, health information system, digital health in particular in developing countries.
- Awwad T. Assessment of Data Quality for Maternal and Child. Health Department at Primary Health Care Directorate-Tulkarm. 2015. [Dissertation]. DOI: https://scholar.najah.edu/content/assessment-data-quality-maternal-and-child-health-department-primary-health-care-directorate
Published Papers or Protocols:
- Lindberg MH, Venkateswaran M ….Awwad T, et al. eRegTime, Efficiency of health information management using an eRegistry for maternal and child health: protocol for a time-motion study in a cluster randomized trial. JMIR Res Protoc. 2019;8(8):e13653. DOI: 10.2196/13653
- Venkateswaran M….. Awwad T, et al. Comparing individual-level clinical data from antenatal records with routine health information systems indicators for antenatal care in the West Bank: A cross-sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2018;13(11):e0207813. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0207813
- Venkateswaran M….Awwad T, et al. Coverage of essential antenatal care interventions: A cross-sectional study of public primary healthcare clinics in the West Bank. PLoS ONE. 2019;14(2):e0212635. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0212635
- Ghanem B….. Awwad T, et al. eRegCom: Communication strategies from the maternal and child health eRegistry to health care providers and women: A cluster randomized controlled trial protocol. BMC. 2019 Sep;113. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/ISRCTN10520687
- Bogale B….. Awwad T, et al. Development of a targeted client communication intervention for women using an electronic maternal and child health registry: a qualitative study. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2020 Dec 1;20(1):1. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1186/s12911-019-1002-x
- Shalash A, Abu-Rmeileh, N.M.E., Obeidallah M., Shaheb A., Alsalman, H. M., Awwad T. Interventions used to improve nutrition of refugee, migrant, displaced populations in low and middle-income countries. 2019. PROSPEROCRD42019117184. DOI: https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/prospero/display_record.php?ID=CRD42019117184
Abstracts Published or Accepted in Conferences:
1. Awwad T, Venkateswaran M, et al. Use of the national electronic maternal and child health registry (MCH eRegistry) in primary care clinics in occupied Palestinian territory: a pilot time-motion study. The LANCET. 2019 March. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)30604-X
2. Isbeih M, Venkateswaran M, Awwad T, et al. Maternal and child health and care provision in Palestine: data from the national electronic maternal and child health registry (MCH eRegistry). The LANCET. 2019 March. DOI:https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(19)30616-6
3. Isbeih M, Venkateswaran M….. Awwad T, et al. Validity of gestational age at delivery estimated with data from antenatal care and hospital delivery units: A comparative analysis. The LANCET. 2019 March.
4. Awwad T, Venkateswaran M, Isbeih M, Rabah Y, White R. Event data to routine enrollment-based analytics – a customized DHIS2 tracker application for the Palestinian Electronic Maternal and Child Health Registry. District Health Information Software Conference. 2019 June
5. Saadah H, Isbeih M, Abbas I, Awwad T, et al. Program indicators to create reports based on the DHIS2 platform customized tracker capture application: A narrative from the Maternal and Child Electronic Registry in Palestine. District Health Information Software Conference. 2019 June.
6. Mørkrid K…..Awwad T, et al. eRegCom: The effect of targeted client communication on pregnant women’s worries and views of antenatal care – A nested data collection study protocol development. Norwagian Global Health Conference. DOI: http://globalhealth.no/assets/img/Abstract-bok.pdf
7. Venkateswaran M….. Awwad T, et al. An eRegistry with clinical decision support for improving quality of antenatal care (eRegQual) – a cluster-randomized controlled trial. Glow Conference. 2020 September .